Projekt: STEP ONE-Sport Traditions Educate Players Of New Europe (Grant Agreement No 2017-2760/001-001)
Program: Erasmus Plus
Key action: Sport
Action: Collaborative Partnership
Action Type: Small Collaborative Partnership
Termin: 1.01.2018 – 31.12.2019
Lider: Comitato Territoriale Terni-UISP (IT)
Partners: Deryneia Municipality (CY), Verkapitany Lovagi Torna Egyesulet (HU), Instytut Rozwoju Edukacji i Sportu (PL), Sbandieratori delle Sette Contrade di Orte (IT), Hortae Pedilidium 2014 D.P.F.C. (IT), Municipality of Nafplio (GR).
STEP ONE – Sport Traditions Educate Players Of New Europe wants to create opportunities for the sharing of best practices at European level to favour the cross-fertilization and internationalization of the activities and internal organization of small recreational football clubs and traditional sports’ associations, to promote participation and intergenerational cooperation in recreational and traditional sports and the participation to the European Week of Sport 2018.
The project will take place from 1/1/2018 to 31/12/2019 and will give the opportunity to 7 Local Coordinators and 21 between athletes and trainers from 5 European Countries (IT, CY, HU, PL, GR) to take part in actions aimed to:
- promote voluntary activities in sport,
- promote social inclusion,
- promote equal opportunities,
- promote awareness of the importance of health-enhancing physical activity, participation, and equal access to sport for all,
- share best practices for the cross-fertilization between recreational and traditional sports to reduce the level of competitiveness and to promote conflict management and problem solving,
- create deeper synergies with the education and youth sector, promoting the participation of sports club in community education and the transgenerational transmission of know-how and competencies,
- promote European traditional sports.
The project foresees the fallowing activities:
- 2 Transnational Meetings for the Project Team.
- 3 Transnational Meetings for the mobility of athletes and trainers.
- 5 Open Days for the sensibilities of local communities.
- Local meetings for the involvement of stakeholders, policy makers, and civil society organizations.
- Dissemination plan for the promotion and diffusion of Project’s result and achievements.
- Events for the promotion and celebration of the European Week of Sport in Terni (IT).
The Project wants to result in an effective resilience of small sport clubs against conflicts and high competitiveness, to preserve voluntary activities in sport and the transgenerational transmission of knowledge.